Getting the Word Out

Discussion in 'App Launch' started by Appvisors Staff, May 8, 2013.

1. Hello there! Welcome to the best place to learn, discuss and share everything mobile app idea development.
    Register or Login
  1. Appvisors Staff Administrator

Once a mobile app is created, tested, and ready to go, you just post it to an apps store and sit back and relax, right? After all, all the real work is done. Sorry to break it to you, but nope. It's true apps stores will give an app a lot of exposure, but sometimes you have to go that extra mile to let the people to whom your app is targeted the heads-up that it's been released and is ready for them to use. That extra legwork often makes the difference between an app merely performing well, and performing greatly.

We'd like for our Appvice Community members to discuss in this thread what they've done to get the word out about the apps they've created. How do you pinpoint an app audience, and once you've found them, what measures do you take to let them know it's out there and ready for them? Conversely, have you ever been contacted by an app creator about a new release? If so, what did they say to attract you, and what tactics did you find turned you off? Share your stories here!
  2. BobbyPedi New Appvice Member

My office worker built an app and sold it through a website. It is my understanding that apple pays websites for the people that the website sends to their download pages in the app store so I recommend thats a good way to get people to your app.
    Does anyone here know what the blackberry stores name is and how to develop for it??
    BP
  3. Marty Gartin New Appvice Member

Bobby,
    The BlackBerry apps store is called BlackBerry World, and more information can be found by following THIS LINK.
    The most current version of the BlackBerry operating system is BlackBerry 10, which was rolled out in late January of this year, and version 10.1 is being made available this week (the second week of May, 2013).
    Apple does, indeed, offer incentives and rewards to affiliates who drive traffic to their apps stores; more information on their affiliate programs can be found at THIS LINK.